What should I do if an accident happens?

If a road traffic accident occurs, you must: 

  1. notify the State Police or fill in a Mutual Report*,
  2. fill an incident report with your insurance company without delay,
  3. the insurance company will evaluate any damage to your car, determine the amount of losses incurred, confirm a repair quote or pay out compensation.

* A Mutual Report can be filed if just two vehicles are involved in the accident, if the drivers of both vehicles can agree on the circumstances of the accident, if no person has been injured, if no damage has occurred to a third person’s property, and if no damage was done to the vehicles which would make them unable or illegal to drive.

Are you satisfied with the answer?