Applying for your child or ward’s X smart set through the online bank
If you are a bank customer with a valid citizen’s ID card or passport issued in Latvia, you can submit an application to open an account for your child remotely through the online bank.
To open an account for your child or ward, go to the online bank and select Correspondence with bank, then open the order form labelled Open an X smart KIWIE set for a child.
Bear in mind! With this application, your child (or ward) will become a customer of AS “Citadele Banka,” and will receive the following bank products:
- an X smart card linked to a current account;
- online banking access and a MobileSCAN authorisation tool;
- the option of signing up to our loyalty programme and receiving prizes.
Other services cannot be included in this application process!
In the application form, you will receive information on the services your child or ward will receive once the form has been submitted.
The application form will ask you to enter information about your child or ward - please give precise information.
Please include the following ID documents:
- An image of your child or ward’s ID document (compulsory if your child or ward has reached the age of 15). Please do not disclose the photo or other information in the image;
- Your child or ward’s original birth certificate;
- An image of the page of the parent’s passport giving details of their children (only if the child’s ID document has also been submitted);
- Guardians must submit confirmation of guardianship status from the Orphan’s Court or another document confirming guardianship rights.
We will review the application within 2 business days. We will send an online banking username and password to your child’s phone number.
You will receive an X card and PIN code by post within a week. We will inform you of the processing status of your application by SMS to your phone number.