Online Banking functions and safety
Citadele Online Banking allows you to safely manage your finances from anywhere in the world, 24/7
One person may be registered as an Online Banking user in the Online Banking of several customers (both physical or legal entities), and one customer may give access to his or her Online Banking to several users. Customers can determine the different levels of Online Banking access rights given to these additional users.
Online Banking has two standard modes
- Viewing mode - allows user to see customer information.
- Full mode - allows user to use all banking functions.
A special mode can also be activated in which the user has access to services indicated by the customer while other accounts are set to viewing mode. A customer may also hide his or her credit information or specific accounts from an Online Banking user.
Most important Online Banking functions
- Account information and transaction history
- Downloadable account overview, available in PDF format
- Customisable account names
- Online payments including currency conversion
- Payment templates
- Invoice payments including regular payments of e-bills
- Regular payments
- Ordering, blocking, unblocking, and closing of payment cards
- SMS bank activation, control, and settings
- Loan applications
- Savings accounts and term deposits
- Online orders and notices to bank
- Securities operations
Requirements for Citadele Online Banking
- Stable Internet connection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge 12+, Google Chrome 36+, Mozilla Firefox 31+, Opera 23+, Safari 6.1+
- Computer with Windows, Linux or Macintosh operating system
- Smartphone or tablet can be used as well
Online Banking safety
Citadele Online Banking is safe and secure.
To prevent access to data for unauthorized persons, a multistage safety system has been developed with a special data transmission protocol (SSL - secure socket layer). This protocol is indicated by a key icon in your web browser. Clicking on the key will lead to information about the data coding method used in Citadele Online Banking.
The authorization mechanism performs user identification via:
- Login name chosen by user,
- Password issued by bank in a sealed envelope, changed by the user after connecting to Online Banking for the first time
- Authorization code from a chosen authorization device.
These data are forbidden to be disclosed to third parties!
For safety purposes, the Online Banking periodically will prompt the user to change his or her password. Users may also change passwords at their own discretion.
All connections, password changes, and significant operations are recorded in Citadele Online Banking. The system allows the user to oversee the history of their operations and alert the bank when an unauthorized person has attempted to connect.
If there are problems with connecting to Online Banking
- If your login name or password has been entered incorrectly, or if a non-existent login name has been entered, the system will determine that a user has not been identified. In this case, you must check that there are no mistakes and that caps lock is not active, then attempt to connect again.
- If a password has been entered incorrectly multiple times, your login name will be locked. Login names may be unlocked by calling customer support at 67010000 and providing the employee with the requested information.
- If systems that are not accepted in the Internet bank are used (for example: ā, č, д, %, etc.), the system will state that the login name or password have been entered incorrectly.
- If an incorrect authorization code has been entered multiple times, Online Banking access will be blocked. Access to Online Banking can then only be unblocked in a Citadele branch.
- If a user’s Internet browser does not support functions that are necessary for full Online Banking operation, a page will open with a corresponding notice and request to download the latest browser version.