Changes in the Use of Code Cards as of 1 April 2017
From 1 April 2017, according to requirements of the EU regulations, a code card will not be further considered as a secure tool sufficient for authorisation in the Online Banking and mobile application.
What changes will be applied to the users of code cards?
From 1 April 2017, a supplementary authorisation code should be entered in addition to a code from a code card when making certain payments/transactions with a code card in the Online Banking or mobile application (e.g. making a payment to another bank for the amount exceeding 30 euro). This code will be sent by SMS to the registered in the bank mobile phone number of a user of Online Banking.
What text will contain SMS sent by the bank?
- Such SMS will contain the additional authorisation code consisting of 5 digits. This code will be valid and can be used only for the confirmation of the specific payment or document.
- SMS addressed to clients with Latvian mobile phone numbers will also contain information on the transaction/document that a client is going to sign (e.g. Deposit). If it is a payment, SMS will contain information on the payee's account number and amount.
What should I do if I see two fields for entering the authorisation code on the payment/document signature page?
- Wait until you receive SMS sent by the bank, then enter the authorisation code in the respective field. If you have not received SMS within a minute, the button "Send SMS again" will appear in the Online Banking or mobile application.
- Enter the required code from the code card in the next field.
- Check whether the information on the transaction/payment specified in SMS and the information that you see on the Online Banking screen corresponds to the information that you wanted to specify.
- If the information is correct, enter the code and complete signing the document/payment. If there is a data mismatch, please call the bank at 67010000 immediately.
Remember! SMS will be sent to you right after you will have passed to the signature step where you usually enter a code from the code card. If you decide to change the account number and/or the amount, a new SMS will be sent to you and the previous one will not be valid. If you change other details, e.g. information for the payee, the new SMS will not be sent. If you have changed the payee's account number and/or the amount, you should use the authorisation code specified in the new SMS.
Please make sure that the correct phone number is registered in the bank to ensure that the bank will be able to send SMS to you and you will be able to receive it.
If you fail to confirm you mobile phone number or to specify the correct number, the use of the Online Banking or mobile application with a code card (without receipt of SMS) will be limited (you will be able to make payments to other banks for the amount up to 30 EUR, not exceeding 150 EUR a day; you will not be able to sign agreements and orders addressed to the bank; you will not be able to change your contact information). To resume fully-featured use of a code card, you should call at 67010000, or, if you cannot identify yourself during a phone call, please visit the nearest branch of bank Citadele, taking along a valid identification document (passport or ID card), and inform the bank of your correct mobile phone number.
When it is necessary to enter a code from SMS in addition to a code from a code card?
- If the amount of payment to be made to another bank exceeds 30 EUR, or if the total amount of payments to another bank exceeds 150 EUR per day
- If you apply for the Regular Payment or Regular Payment of E-bills in the Online Banking
- When you sign agreements in the Online Banking, e.g. loan agreement, deposit agreement or agreement for receipt of a new card
- When you confirm changes in your data
- If you send orders to the bank
- A code from SMS is not required for connecting to the Online Banking or mobile application as well as making payments within bank Citadele including payments to other banks belonging to Citadele group. In such cases you will have to enter just a code from a code card as before.
Are there any alternatives to code cards?
- We offer a modern, convenient and secure authorisation device MobileSCAN that is built in Citadele mobile application and suitable for the mobile devices based on iOS and Android. Just download Citadele mobile application to your mobile device and activate MobileSCAN in the Online Banking. Now MobileSCAN is free of charge for active users of MobileSCAN in Citadele Online Banking and/or mobile application.
- Different code calculators Digipass are available as well
Want to know more?
Call 67010000 or write firstname.lastname@example.org